With only a few more days to go before UUCC’s “Escape to Margaritaville” service auction and PARTY, we want to ensure you are thoroughly enticed by the food, fun, and fabulous auction items offered. Kids are welcome and are not charged for a ticket!
The evening starts at 6:30 pm at UUCC. Bidding for fixed price and silent auction items opens at 6:30 pm and closes at 7:45 pm, so don’t be late. The live auction starts at 8:15 pm and runs for 30 minutes.
If you’re not ready to bid at 6:30, then enjoy Caribbean-inspired food prepared by Chefs Gale and Elaine, adult beverages, live beach music from our own talented band, and the company of rival bidders! Nibble on terrific food, have a drink, mingle, and maybe you’ll spot a few fixed price or silent auction items that you’ll want to take home with you.
Among the eclectic mix of auction items, you’ll find:
- Greenway Gourmet Picnic and Nature Walk. Gather at South Chickamauga Creek Greenway terminus off Amnicola Highway for a stroll to the mouth of the creek for a scenic view of the Tennessee River. This family event will allow kids to enjoy the nature – mimicking playground stops along the way. Return to a delicious picnic.
- A night of Blackjack. Play against the dealer and amass more chips than any other player. The person with the most chips at the end of the night wins a lousy prize. Finger foods, beer and wine to be enjoyed by all!
- Fall Hike for Families. Hike Stringer’s Ridge trails for a fall foliage hike with our own professional forest ranger Amy Kussman and her family. This will be a family friendly “loop” hike to identify trees and perhaps some live creatures we may encounter. Snacks and water provided.
- Poker and Dinner. You may not win much at the poker table, but you surely will feel like you were dealt the winning hand when served a delicious Bart Solomon dinner.
- View the Return of the Sandhill Cranes Migration. Carol and Fred Shumaker will be your personal guide from their home in Georgetown to the to the Hiwassee Wildlife Center. At the Center, you will see thousands of Sandhill Cranes returning at dusk to their roosting site.
- Family Picnic at Privateer Yacht Club. This will be an afternoon of fun at the lake with swimming off the dock, hiking on the nature trails as well as yard games. A traditional picnic lunch will be provided with hamburgers, hotdogs, beverages, and ending with ice cream.
- Explore Native Indian Culture in Chattanooga. tom kunesh, Chattanooga’s Native Indian authority, will take two people on an afternoon excursion of discovery. This will include a 2-hour tour of the top 10 oldest and newest local native sites.
- Choose a Trail to Hike – 4 people. Join George Helton for a hike on level trails to either Hemlock Falls in Cloudland Canyon State Park, or Greeter Falls and Stone Door located in South Cumberland State Park.
- Tour of Unusual Grave Markers. Experience two different styles of unusual grave markers in two different locations: one in Georgia and one in Tennessee.
- Dinner Theatre at Chattanooga Theatre Center. Join Todd and Charlotte Olson for dinner backstage at 6 pm, followed by an 8 pm performance of the musical “Matilda”. The meal will have a home-cooked English-themed menu and will include wine and dessert.
These are just a few of the many items offered at UUCC’s Escape to Margaritaville auction. If you don’t already have a catalog, contact Bill Derrickson or Mandy, so you can be ready to bid and win!
Contact Bill Derrickson or any Service Auction committee member or Mandy in the office for tickets, or buy them before and after service on Sunday. Tickets are $15 each or $20 at the door.
Pay by cash or check, or you may use the computer on the round table in the fellowship hall, which is now is now programmed to take funds for Auction tickets as well as our wine raffle tickets.