Director of Religious Education for Children and Youth – Currently Accepting Applicants
The Unitarian Universalist Church of Chattanooga (UUCC) seeks a dynamic and committed Director of Religious Education (RE) for a 20 hour per week position. The person we seek will provide enthusiastic leadership for our religious education program with the support of an active and engaged religious education committee and nurture a loving, supporting environment for our children and teens.
More here about Unitarian Universalists.
More here about UUCC.
The Unitarian Universalist tradition is inclusive towards all backgrounds. People with disabilities, people of color, indigenous people, Hispanic/Latinx, and LGBTQIA+ candidates are encouraged to apply. The UUA is committed to developing a diverse and talented staff team. If you are excited about this role but are unsure whether you meet 100% of the requirements, we encourage you to inquire and/or apply. Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Director of Religious Education will grow church-based programming for children and youth, with our church community, and collaborate with the RE committee and others as appropriate.
We already have an existing program with a support system of dedicated volunteers, including a current RE organizer who will aid in transition.
Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Programming, scheduling, and organizing volunteers for Religious Education classes, social justice projects with youth and teens, and annual RE events. This includes:
- Organizing multigenerational services in collaboration with the Worship Committee (2nd Sundays) along with child- and youth-led services (annually)
- Social justice activities programming on 5th Sundays
- Scheduling annual events that RE sponsors (Spring Fling, Coat Drive, etc.)
2. Organizing and hiring of Sunday morning nursery care (paid position)
3. The position might also include, depending on time and interests OWL (Our Whole Life) classes and other innovative programs
We are seeking a person with strong collaborative skills, basic budgeting and time-management skills, to work with relevant committees and organize volunteers.
We are looking for someone with relevant degrees or work experience. Background checks are required for all staff and volunteers at UUCC.
This is a part time position of 20 hours a week with the opportunity to increase as our community needs grow.
Our Mission at UUCC is to CARE:
Create beloved community
Awaken hearts and minds
Resist injustice and act with compassion
Embrace life and care for the earth